Fagaras Fortress was documented for the first time in 1455, although construction work had started in the late fourteenth century on the site of a fortification of XII-XIII century.
Representative of the Renaissance, the city is based on Transylvanian Gothic imprint.
Since 1526 it was led by the prince of Transylvania, Stefan Mailath for 15 years. In 1599 he came into possession of Prince Michael the Brave, who took refuge here with his family from 1599 to 1600 during battles. Also, the city was used as a residence for principles Transylvania, Transylvanian Diet functioning here.
While degraded, it is used as a prison (1948-1960), where political prisoners were incarcerated.
After 1965, the fortress began the planning of a museum, opened today.
Saturday the Upper Monastery is represented by a monastic monks, located on the river Saturday, at the foot of Fagaras Mountains. It was first documented in 1654, when the village Saturday Upper Brancoveanu take possession of Preda.
Initially, there exists a wooden church dedicated double (Assumption and Healing Spring), built in 1657. Later, between 1696-1707, the initiative of Prince Constantin Brancoveanu, was built for the monks hermits built a church in the area.
(Translated with Google Translate)